Sunday, August 23, 2015

He said "I am not competetive"


Recently I had a very interesting conversation with a coworker whom I admire. He kept repeating that he was not at his best when engaged in competition, it was not his thing.

It reminded me of the Voice Dialogue technique, when one looks at those disowned selves. Those personalities inside ourselves that we can not connect with, that are so buried. These are the personalities that often "annoy" us or that we overvalue.

For me is loud-"I-am-so-special" kind of people. And "entitled" people. So whenever those personalities arise around me, and they do, I am learning to smile and ask myself: where is the part of me that would do that? It is so profoundly interesting that we are how we are because of where and when we were born, because of the "bathing" water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment